Construction contractors, it’s time to address the elephant in the remodeled room…
The reality is – finding qualified people in the construction trades has become more challenging than ever, in this post-pandemic economy.
Unlike many unscrupulous “GURUS” and guiltless consultants in our industry, I’m not here to tell you it can be easy – because that would be a lie.
What I AM going to tell you is that when you implement a few practices around HOW you recruit, you’re far more likely to attract highly qualified and skilled candidates…
…And not only that, but you will also spend a lot less time and a lot less money on hiring and recruiting.
In this week’s Recruiting Best Practices (in a post-pandemic economy) blog you’ll discover:
- Why is it more effective to view recruiting as a “continuous process” rather than the more typical perspective of seeing recruiting as a “project” …
- The benefit of continuous recruiting will combat the “raises by blackmail” that so many business owners face. (You’ll always keep the upper hand and never be at the mercy of an employee again).
- The reason why it’s smart to keep posting job ads, even if you don’t have any current open positions. (This one simple strategy will allow you to always have the “pick of the litter” when it comes time to hire.)
- How to interview people honestly even if you’re not looking to hire anyone right away. (It’s about building long-term relationships, so when the time comes, you’re working WARM leads rather than shooting in the dark.)
- That you won’t hurt the morale of your current staff if they know that you’re actively recruiting people for positions that are already filled… In fact, they will respect you more as a leader and take more pride in their work!
- And much more…
My guest Ed Earl with Contractors Staffing Source has been in the industry for over 20 years as a construction manager and coach, and truly understands the construction industry and how to build great teams… And be sure to check out the screening tools they use at Contractors Staffing Source.
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as I share my “Hiring Right” mini-series – all geared at helping you be better at recruiting and hiring great people for your team!